You qualify for a 1:1 Caregiver Coaching session if you:
- are helping to care for a family member or friend with complex needs.
- need support and guidance navigating the health care system to ensure your care recipient is receiving the right type of support at the right time.
- are ready to take action.
1:1 Caregiver Coaching sessions include:
- a discovery process to gather information about your caregiving situation. This can be done prior to your session or right at the beginning, and takes about 10 minutes.
- a call with a professional who will assess your needs and help you prioritize areas requiring immediate support and action.
- recommendations and tips from your coach to help you generate an action plan, which may include learning how to navigate the health care system, prioritizing next steps, and strategies to stay healthy while being busy and under stress.
- Follow up calls or emails to help keep you on track.
1:1 Caregiver Coaching sessions work
Talking to you really allows me to be candid with my thoughts around caregiving. I don't have to worry about being judged or labeled just because I don't want to provide personal care for my husband. The sessions are also valuable in learning about how to navigate the different parts of the system and what to expect. I am also able to prioritize what needs to get done and having the accountability check in keeps me on track". —coaching recipient