We are reaching out to YOU. This is your chance to be heard as a family / friend caregiver in BC. No matter who you care for, where you live in the province or where your care recipient lives (in the community or in facility-based care) – we want to hear from you.
- How are you coping with caregiving in the pandemic?
- Has the nature of the care you are providing changed?
- Have the demands of caregiving impacted your work, your ability to balance other responsibilities, your mental and physical health?
- What are the biggest challenges you are facing?
There aren’t many good things we can say about COVID-19 but one is the light it is shining on the important role family / friend caregivers play in our health care system and society in general. Caregivers are used to standing up when no one is watching but now is a time to stand up and be heard.
The survey will take roughly 15 minutes of your time and will remain open to complete until December 18th. The results will be shared with the Ministry of Health, Health Authorities and community agencies to inform policy decisions and improve existing practices so that caregivers are identified, supported and included as partners in care. We will present evidence about the invaluable role caregivers play in our healthcare system, both provincially and nationally. As well, we will be listening carefully in order to respond to your needs through our programs and services. Please add your voice.
How to participate:
- Click here for the link to Survey. This will take you to an online survey. All input is completely confidential.
- If you aren’t able to complete the survey online, you can call our Caregiver Support Line at 1-877-520-3267 and we will help you by telephone.