Are you worried for your elderly parents who live alone? Are you an older adult living independently?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, then this learning event is for you. This webinar provides an introduction to the role technology can play in fostering independence, improving quality of living, and reducing caregiver burnout.
Throughout the presentation attendees will learn more about:
• CanAssist at the University of Victoria: who they are and what they do
• Custom technologies that have successfully been deployed to address unmet needs
• Broad impact technologies that serve a wider client group
• The CanStayHome initiative, funded by the BC Government to support the development of technologies that help keep seniors living safely in their homes for longer
• CanStayHome Technologies – past, present and future
• Ability411, a new web service that provides practical information on technologies for seniors and their caregivers and how it can support caregivers