Family Caregivers of British Columbia is a non-profit charity, investing in family caregiver wellbeing for over 30 years, offering education, support, and participation in health system
improvement. We are passionate about contributing to positive change and believe that collaboration is essential to close gaps, avoid duplication, and create solutions to fit each community or region.
To provide administration support to our caregiver support team at FCBC. This is an engaging volunteer position, suitable for people who would like to use their technical skills to assist with
general office duties, filing, emails, help with communication and outreach.
Specific duties include the following:
- Assisting registration to virtual and in-person events.
- Organizing material and equipment for local exhibits.
- Responding to telephone and online inquiries about FCBC’s online services and access.
- Updating our provincial caregiver support groups and programs list.
As a casual volunteer, you are available for at least 4 hours per month, between Monday and Friday, during daytime hours. You begin volunteering immediately after orientation, learning by
doing, and using task checklists. This path enables you to volunteer while accommodating, flexible, and with minimal time commitment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and telephone manner. Independent problem-solving style and ability to research and communicate solutions.
- Must have a high level of competency with existing online and digital tools and the ability to simplify processes for technologically unskilled users.
- An empathetic demeanor and openness with the topics of mental/emotional wellness
- Appreciation for the goals of FCBC and understanding of the barriers to access for caregivers.
Interested candidates need to complete the application form, interview process and reference checks.