Are you missing your regular outings and explorations?
Adventure from the comfort of your home during this time of physical distancing to alleviate boredom and stress! These are great virtual activities for you as a caregivers and those you care for. Stay creative and engaged to take care of yourself and your well-being.
From museums to space exploration, check out these at-home adventures for you to learn, grow and have fun:
- Artbeat Studio: Get in touch with your creativity during this time at home! This community art studio has created a video series to entertain and support your creative endeavours. Check out the art demos, online music performances and poetry readings on their Facebook page here. There are also online workshops and programs available on their website here.
- Radical Transformation Project: A project focused on supporting people in their mental health journey. They have compiled a list of resources and tools to support you in managing stress, from mindfulness practices to online courses. View the list here.
- Nasa (at home): Explore the wonders of space from the comfort of your home. You’ll find resources, activities and learning opportunities that NASA has curated. View here.
- Virtual Museum Tours: Access learning around the world with just a click! Check out museums that are offering virtual tours and programs:
- Canadian Museum For Human Rights (Virtual Tour)
- Google Arts & Culture
- Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Van Gogh Museum (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- Le Gallerie Degli Uffzi (Florence, Italy)
- The National Museum of Anthropology (Mexio City, Mexico)
- The National Gallery of Art (Washington, D.C.)
- Musée d’Orsay (Paris, France)
- The Anne Frank House (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
- The Smithsonian (Washington, D.C.)
- Concerts/Music: Music brings us together and heals, even when we are physically apart. Check out these live virtual concerts:
- Zoos/Aquariums from Home:
- Assiniboine Park Zoo (Winnipeg)
- Calgary Zoo: Access a virtual giant panda excibit and learn about these fascinating creatures!
- Cincinnati Zoo: Cincinnati is offering a Home Safari Facebook Live each day at 3pm EDT where they will highlight one of their amazing animals and include an activity you can do from home.
- San Diego Zoo: Access live camera footage of the wildlife and virtually visit the zoo!
- Shedd Aquarium (Chicago, IL): Learn about the conservation of sharks and
and virtually interact with these majestic creatures from home! View more videos from their Youtube channel here.