Caring for a family member or friend is a tough job.
- You may be holding down a full-time job or struggling to maintain employment.
- You may have other caregiving responsibilities… like raising children.
- You may be dealing with a health condition of your own, or ignoring your own health because of the stress of caregiving.
The top thing we hear from family caregivers is that you feel burned out.
Experiencing some stress is part of everyday life. When symptoms of stress persist though, they can be harmful. Use our Caregiver Self-Assessment to check-in: Download Assessment
From anywhere in BC, call our Provincial Caregiver Support Line toll-free 1- 877- 520- 3267
Caregiving Support Group Update:
In both our Greater Victoria and Provincial caregiver support groups, we’re facing the COVID-19 situation together. Based on Federal and Provincial recommendations we will be facilitating our monthly FCBC caregiver support groups remotely (not in-person).
We are currently offering three virtual Caregiving Support Groups, including BC’s Virtual Caregiving Support Group, Virtual Male Caregiving Support Group and Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Group. To register and learn more about the dates and times of our virtual support groups, click here.
- Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Program-at-a-glance here
- Greater Victoria FREE Caregiver Support Groups Listing here (inquire with each group for changes due to COVID-19)
- Service area map of the Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Program – Capital Regional District on Vancouver Island here
We want to hear from you. We are here to help.
You may need help now or in the future.