Caring for a family member or friend is a tough job.
- You may be holding down a full-time job or struggling to maintain employment.
- You may have other caregiving responsibilities… like raising children.
- You may be dealing with a health condition of your own, or ignoring your own health because of the stress of caregiving.
The #1 thing we hear from family caregivers is that you feel burned out.
Experiencing some stress is part of everyday life. When symptoms of stress persist though, they can be harmful. Use our Caregiver Self-Assessment to check-in: Download Assessment/.
From anywhere in BC, call our Provincial Caregiver Support Line toll-free 1- 877- 520- 3267
Do you live in the Greater Victoria area?
We are celebrating 30 years of supporting family and friend caregivers in the Greater Victoria area! Our local program, the first of its kind in Canada 3 decades ago, is our grass-roots, on the ground program that helps inform our provincial services.
Caregiving Support Group Update:
In our Greater Victoria caregiver support groups, we’re facing the COVID-19 situation together. Based on Federal and Provincial recommendations we will be facilitating our monthly FCBC caregiver support groups remotely (not in-person). If you are in Greater Victoria and would like to join our Virtual Caregiver Cafe on Thursdays, from 2:00-3:30PM,starting May 7th please pre-register by contacting our Family Caregiver Support Line at 1-877-520-3267 Ext 1 or email@example.com NO LATER THAN 24 hours before the meeting, at which time you will be provided with instructions on how to join us by phone or online using the Zoom platform.
- Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Program-at-a-glance here
- Greater Victoria FREE Caregiver Support Groups Listing here
- Service area map of the Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Program – Capital Regional District on Vancouver Island here
We want to hear from you. We are here to help.
You may need help now or in the future.