Greater Victoria, B.C | CRD Municipalities (13)
Family Caregivers of BC’s (FCBC) Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Program (GVCSP)
The GVCSP offers a holistic caregiver support program designed to meet the needs of the Greater Victoria family/friend caregiver population which is estimated to be over 100,000.
Founded 30 years ago and the first in Canada, the program supports family and friend caregivers’ ability to access and navigate community resources and enhances their personal support networks to gain skills, knowledge, and confidence in their caregiving roles.
The program goal is to facilitate innovative activities which create opportunities for meaningful connection among caregivers in an environment of relief physically, emotionally, psychologically, socially, and spiritually.
The Greater Victoria Caregiver Support Program services provide:
- A comprehensive intake process for caregivers to identify their individual needs.
- Ongoing emotional and practical support.
- Peer-support groups and personal network-building.
- Connections to the appropriate resources, as well as community agencies and services.
- Community presentations.
- A Community of Practice for FCBC caregiver support volunteers to enhance the quality and mutual support in the caregiver support programs of Greater Victoria.