This is a starting point for support and resources for caregivers in British Columbia. We list most frequently used resources, including a listing of Crisis Lines should you urgently need to speak with someone, and a list of Information & Referral (I&R) Services you can call to seek information not highlighted on this site.
Caregiver Support Groups in your Region
Please note that all in-person support groups are on-hold during COVID-19. Contact each support group for information, updates and questions.
- Fraser Health Area (covers Burnaby to Hope to Boston Bar)
- Interior Health Area (covers East Kootenay, Kootenay Boundary, Okanagan, and Thompson Cariboo Shuswap)
- Island Health Area (VIHA covers Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands)
- Northern Health Area (Northern BC)
- Vancouver Coastal Health Area (covers Coastal Communities, the North Shore, Richmond, Sea-to-Sky, the Sunshine Coast, and Vancouver)
Find a BC disease-specific family support group here:
Please note that support groups are facilitated by independent community volunteers or community organization staff and are not supervised or overseen by FCBC, with the exception of groups specifically identified as FCBC groups. While we offer initial support group training to volunteers, we cannot take responsibility for the content of non-FCBC support groups or the conduct of facilitators or participants. Peer-to-peer support groups are not a substitute for health advice or an opinion from a qualified health practitioner.
Your Health Region
- Fraser Health (FH) Area
General Enquiries Line: 1-855-412-2121
- Interior Health (IH) Area
General Enquiries Line: 250-980-1400
- Island Health (IH) Area
General Enquiries Line: 250-388-2273 or 1-888-533-2273
- Northern Health (NH) Area
General Enquiries Line: 250-565-7317
- Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) Area
General Enquiries Line: 604-263-7377
- Call First Link® Dementia Helpline at 1-800-936-6033.
- Call 1-888-495-8501
- Visit www.healthlinkbc.ca/healthtopics and put in the search term “Caregiver”
- Call 1-800-663-7867
- Available in English, Chinese, French & Punjabi, there is also a First Nations Guide
- Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- Call 811 anytime 24/7 to speak to a nurse
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vancouver – Metro 604-437-1940
- Toll Free: 1-866-437-1940 (8am-8pm daily)
- Language Interpretation (9am-4pm M-F)