Did you know that Family Caregivers of BC has a professional who provides free 1:1 Caregiver Coaching appointments for family caregivers?
- A family caregiver (or friend, neighbour) who is currently providing care to someone or more than one person with complex needs.
- The family caregiver(s) needs support and guidance, advice and help navigating a broad (and complex) range of social & health care services to make sure the person they are caring for is receiving the right type of support at the right time.’
- The family caregiver could benefit from professional knowledge, skills and emotional support.
The consult includes:
- Hearing your story and gathering information on the caregiving situation. This can be done prior to the consultation or at the very start. It will take about 10 minutes to complete.
- Professional coaching that will your needs and prioritize areas requiring immediate action and support.
- Recommendations and suggestions for next steps with an action plan, help and support navigating the health care system, knowledge and skills to help you feel more confident in your role, tips and strategies to stay healthy as a caregiver and follow up resources if required.
Referral: Please call the Caregiver Support Line to talk to our Caregiver Support to see if 1:1 Coaching is a good fit.
We can be reached Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Telephone: (250) 384-0408
Toll-free line within BC: 1-877-520-3267