Volunteers Help Us Support Those Who Care for Others
Why volunteer at Family Caregivers of British Columbia?
- Support those who care for a family member or friend who is in poor health, elderly or has a disability
- Make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Learn new skills
- Share your time, skills and energy
- Support a cause you believe in
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Create employment skills
- Expand your professional network
- Enjoy social interaction / meet new people
- Be a part of positive change in their community
- Have fun
- Build personal empowerment and self-esteem
- Instill a value of giving and caring
- Complete education or work experience requirements
How are your volunteer efforts at FCBC recognized?
We value your contributions as a volunteer and we understand the importance of recognizing those contributions.
We regularly acknowledge and thank volunteers in informal ways, and love to shout your praise especially during National Volunteer Week. You’ll also be invited to a group recognition event with our Board, team members and fellow volunteers, where we’ll celebrate your contributions. This is separate from our AGM.