May 5 – 11, 2012 has been officially proclaimed Family Caregiver Week in BC
Family Caregiver Week (FCW) is a time to thank, support and educate both family caregivers and the general public about the issues of concern for family caregivers. During the week take time to recognize and acknowledge the work you do as a family caregiver or take time to thank the people in your life who are family caregivers.
Promoting Family Caregiver Week in your own community:
We are very pleased to provide a copy of the BC Family Caregiver Week 2012 Communication Package which is full of resources and ideas for increasing awareness and promoting Family Caregiver Week in your own community. The BC Family Caregiver Week 2012 Communication Package includes:
- Family Caregiver Week posters, both letter-sized and legal sized, and which are formatted to either print from your own printer or to send to a professional printer
- Family Caregiver Appreciation Cards
- FCW Proclamation
- Sample press release and sample PSA
- Ideas for promoting FCW in your community
- Resources for Family Caregivers
Click here to download a PDF of the FCW 2012 Communication Package.
FCW events being hosted by the Family Caregivers’ Network Society:
Caregiving from the Heart: Connecting Through Curiosity and Deep Listening, Tuesday May 8, workshop in Victoria
Family Dynamics and Caregiivng: Separating the Past ftom the Present, Monday, May 7, BC-wide tele-workshop
Surviving Eldercare: Where Their Needs End and Your Begin, Thursday, May 10, BC-wide tele-workshop