To make this group safe, supportive, productive, and the best experience possible for all group participants, it is important for each participant to make a commitment to actively attend the group. In doing so, you get the benefit of your and others’ efforts. Please agree to abide by the following
- All personal information is shared in confidence and is not to be repeated outside of the support group, either by participants or facilitators. To ensure safety, limitations to confidentiality will occur in the event of:
- Intention to harm oneself or others
- Suspected child abuse or neglect
- Suspected elder abuse or neglect
- Suspected abuse of a disabled individual
- Please find a private space when you will be joining the group meeting. If you are in a shared space, please use headphones and keep your screen away from others in the room to preserve the confidentiality of all participants.
- Please remove outside distractions and turn off all cell phones and unrelated electronics.
- The purpose of the support group is to provide a safe space where open sharing, support and healing can take place. It is your and every other participant’s responsibility to create that environment
- Be respectful
- Listen without interrupting
- Everyone has the right to pass and only listen
- Honor all opinions without judgment
- Share the group’s time so that everyone who wishes to share has an
- Don’t give unsolicited advice
- Do not use the support group for commercial gain or to advertise any products or services to the other group participants.
- Zoom ‘chat’ is strictly for sharing resources and NOT for social conversations.
- It is recommended to use the “Raise Hand” feature to control questions and comments from the group participants.
- To build community and rapport, it is recommended for group participants to turn ON their video and please mute yourself when others are speaking.
- Facilitators are not permitted to share personal contact information