Why volunteer at FCBC?
- Be a part of the solution in supporting those who care for a family member or friend who is in poor health, elderly or has a disability
- Make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Learn new skills
- Share your time, skills and energy
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Expand your professional network
- Connect with new people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others
- Be a part of positive change in the community
- Complete education or work experience requirements
New Volunteer Position:
Outreach Technology Volunteer Role
This volunteer position is an ongoing role, with a minimum six-month commitment. Weekly hours range from 4-8, depending on availability and which event you may be a part of.
We are looking for someone to start immediately for full orientation and training. If you are interested please email Stacey Dawes at email@example.com for more information. See below the full volunteer role description to ensure you meet the requirements.
Application options include: download, print and then send your application to Stacey Dawes with the Subject Line: Outreach Technology Volunteer Application or click on Volunteer Online Application to fill in and complete the form online and submit virtually. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your application online.
Volunteer Application Form (Download and Print Version)
Support Group Facilitator Volunteer Role
We are currently seeking a Support Group Facilitator Volunteer to support the goals of FCBC in local communities & provincially with an emphasis on facilitating a space for mutual support and fellowship for family and friend caregivers. In this role they will be available to facilitate the scheduled support group meeting.
This volunteer position is a casual role. The candidate will be available for at least 4 hours per week. There will be some flexibility on time, but you would need to be available to facilitate the scheduled support group meeting. You begin volunteering immediately after orientation, learning by doing, and using task checklists.
Interested candidates will need to complete the application form (available soon). And, the application process will include a Criminal Records check, interviews and reference checks.
Please note: All interested candidates will need to complete Caregiver Support Group Facilitator Training. Scroll down to the bottom of this page to register for our four week training offering.