There is no magic crystal ball to predict the life span and well-being of an aging parents, spouse or yourself. Most seniors or boomers don’t typically think about needing care, so planning ahead is challenging.
Not planning ahead can put increased pressure on family members and lead to fewer options in a crisis.
In this video, gerontologist Wendy Johnstone talks about how to start conversations about future care and how to get your eldercare affairs in order.
Here are some of the additional resources Wendy mentions in her video:
- Eldercare Planning: Starting the Conversation with Loved Ones: https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/archives/14754
- The Power of Planning Well blog: https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/archives/14010
- Contingency Planning video: https://www.familycaregiversbc.ca/archives/video/contingency-planning-for-caregivers
- Aging in Place Toolkit: https://aginginplaceplan.ca
- National Seniors Strategy: http://nationalseniorsstrategy.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/NSS_2020_Third_Edition.pdf