Why volunteer at FCBC?
- Be a part of the solution in supporting those who care for a family member or friend who is in poor health, elderly or has a disability
- Make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Learn new skills
- Share your time, skills and energy
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Expand your professional network
- Connect with new people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others
- Be a part of positive change in the community
- Complete education or work experience requirements
Current Volunteer Positions
Caregiver Support Group Facilitators
We are currently seeking volunteers to be Caregiver Support Group Facilitators for some of our support groups. Caregiver Support Group Facilitators create a safe and open space for caregivers to share their concerns and challenges. Facilitators are people with strong listening skills, discretion, empathy, and ability to empower individuals to be involved in making decisions about their own care.
- Men’s Caregiver Support Group Facilitator. (Click here for the full role description.)
- Caregiver Support Group Virtual Host. (Click here for the full role description.)
- Circle of Care for Caregivers Facilitator. (Click here for the full role description.)
- Virtual Caregiver Support Group Co-Facilitator. (Click here for the full role description.)
Host and Virtual Assistant
We are looking for a Host and Assistant for our Virtual Journal Workshop for Caregivers. This is an ongoing program offered to to caregivers who are interested in engaging in structured writing that is private and self-reflective. Participants adhere to a psychological open-ended and creative methodology. The role of host is to provide technical online support to the facilitator and participants. This is a lively and engaging volunteer position, suitable for people who would like to increase the well-being of family caregivers.
- Virtual Journal Writing Workshop: Host & Assistant (Click here for the full role description.)
Caregiver Support Assistant
We are looking for two Caregiver Support Assistants to join our volunteer team. This volunteer role provides administration support to our caregiver support team at FCBC. This is an engaging volunteer position, suitable for people who would like to use their technical skills to assist with general office duties, filing, emails, help with communication and outreach. As a casual volunteer, you are available for at least 4 hours per month, between Monday and Friday, during daytime hours.
- Caregiver Support Assistant (Click here for the full role description.)
Apply Now to Become a FCBC Volunteer
Download and Print Application Form