Family Caregivers of British Columbia’s mission is to improve the quality of life for family caregivers through support, information, and education. We provide leadership to strengthen the voice of family caregivers and the significance of their role.
Why volunteer at FCBC?
- Be a part of the solution in supporting those who care for a family member or friend who is in poor health, elderly or has a disability
- Make a positive difference in someone’s life
- Learn new skills
- Share your time, skills and energy
- Experience personal growth, learning and satisfaction
- Pursue professional growth and development
- Expand your professional network
- Connect with new people who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others
- Be a part of positive change in the community
- Complete education or work experience requirements
Current Volunteer Positions
Caregiver Support Assistant
We are looking for two Caregiver Support Assistants to join our volunteer team. This volunteer role provides administration support to our caregiver support team at FCBC. This is an engaging volunteer position, suitable for people who would like to use their technical skills to assist with general office duties, filing, emails, help with communication and outreach. As a casual volunteer, you are available for at least 4 hours per month, between Monday and Friday, during daytime hours.
Click here for the full role description.
Caregiver Ambassador Volunteer
We are looking for people who are comfortable and confident with public speaking and presenting!
Caregiver Voices Panel
As a member of the panel, you’ll be asked to provide input and feedback on different ideas,
tools and products, and answer surveys on different aspects of the caregiving experience. You will provide insights to guide the development of caregiver-focused services, webinars and more.