We have made it simple for you – two easy ways to be informed on caregiver resources, webinars and events.
Caregiver Connection Newsletter
Caregiver Connection is a free quarterly newsletter published by the Family Caregivers of BC. It contains interesting and informative articles directly related to caregiving issues that help build a stronger caregiver community. If you currently receive a copy of Caregiver Connection by mail, and would prefer to receive it by email, click here to email us and change your preference.
To download your copy of Caregiver Connection in PDF format, click on the links below. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read.
The newsletter was a lifeline while caring for my mother and I still enjoy it and share it with friends who are caregiving. The legal column has been amazing. Family Caregivers of BC is a brilliant service!” R.A., past family caregiver
Past Issues of Caregiver Connection
- Connecting Caregivers with Community-Based Support Services
- How Do You Know When Your Spouse or Aging Parent Needs More Care?
- Dear Caregiver Support Line
- Taking Care of Yourself: Self-Care Strategies for Family Caregivers
- Resources for Family and Friend Caregivers
- Creating a Circle of Care
- Planning for Caregiving
- New! Dear Caregiver Support Line Answers Your Questions
- The Power of Planning Well
- Personalized Caregiver Support Plan
- Findings from our COVID-19 Impact Survey
- The Power of Many
- How Setting Intentions Can Support Your Caregiving Direction and Focus
- What You Need to Know About Power of Attorneys
- A Caregiver's Story
- Cultivating connection
- How to keep your resilience battery charged
- Did you know about Lifelabs mobile unit?
- What to do as someone’s Personal Representative
- Intro to caregiving
- Caregiving resources and support groups
- The 3 Ds of caregiving
- What's in your estate bucket?
- Balancing work and caregiving
- CIHI study on Caregiver Distress update
- Practical ways to stay connected
- Caregiving during COVID-19
- Virtual caregiver groups
- Electronic witnesses of wills
- Reframing self-care
- Connecting virtually
- A caregiver's story of self-identification and acceptance
- FCBC celebrates 30 Years!
- New national caregiver statistics
- The new national caregiver distress indicator
- An update on our podcast
- Generations of caregiving
- Are your elderly parents stubborn or misunderstood?
- FCBC is launching a podcast
- Caregiving for someone with a hip fracture
- How to evaluate the credibility of health websites
- Tired? Learn how to manage sleep better
- Bounce back from stress and worry
- Medical assistance in dying: an option in end-of-life care
- How to manage caregiving worries
- Meeting caregivers where they are
- Family caregiver support groups
- The secrets to a long-lasting caregiver support group
- Preparing for a visit to emergency
- Respite: getting the break you deserve
- HealthLink BC 811: 24/7 health advice you can trust
When you sign up to receive our Enews it will come directly to your email inbox and keep you up date with on relevant caregiver news, resources, webinars and opportunities.
Interested in Contributing?
We’re always looking for stories from around the province to inspire, inform, and educate family caregivers. Contact us and let us know what you’d like to contribute.