We are providing information and resources to support and protect our staff, volunteers, clients and community. We greatly appreciate the measures that individuals and communities are taking to remain healthy and safe. FCBC staff are monitoring COVID-19 information and taking guidance on health matters from our federal, provincial and local health authorities.
We encourage you to follow the links below and refer to official sources for the latest updates on COVID-19. If you are the main caregiver to someone it is important to consider support options if you or your family member, partner, friend of neighbour needs to self-quarantine or becomes ill. Please reach out to your support network to plan ahead, which may include your family doctor and other physicians as well as home-care providers.
Caregiver Town Hall, COVID-19 Discussion:
- Financial Relief Navigator
- Toll-Free Caregiver Support Line
- Live FCBC Facebook Community Corner
- Caregiving Out Loud Podcast
- Connecting Socially While Keeping your Distance
- Free Counselling
- Tips for Caregivers Mental Health During COVID-19
- Coping with Unexpected Changes
- Self-Care Tips During Uncertain Times
Learn more about COVID-19 from the Provincial and Federal Government:
- Information from the Government of Canada on COVID-19
- How to Care for a Person with COVID-19 At Home – Advice for Caregivers
- How to Self Isolate When you May Have Been Exposed and Have No Symptoms
- COVID-19 BC Self Assessment Tool
- COVID-19 toll-free line, 1-888-268-4319 is open at between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. seven days a week for non-medical information about the virus.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Health Authority Inventory
Other Useful Resources:
COVID-19 Caregiver Resource Sheet
On May 28th, 2020 the National Caregiver Recognition Working Group held a virtual caregiver forum that brought caregivers together from across Canada which took place during National Caregivers Awareness Month. The goal of the forum was to give caregivers a platform to ‘hear and be heard’ during the COVID-19 pandemic. This resource package was designed to share the many resources that were discussed in the forum as well as to share what we learned from you: Resources Package here.
FCBC COVID-19 Office Policy and Procedures