Living Life to the Full Caregiver Group
Family Caregivers of BC (FCBC) and the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) are partnering to support caregivers’ mental health. In eight enjoyable 90-minute sessions – one per week – this program helps caregivers make a difference in their lives. Participants are taught how to deal with their feelings when fed up or worried and learn skills to help them tackle problems and navigate life transitions and difficulties. Pre-registration is required, and it will be a closed 8-week caregiver group.
- Understanding your feelings – this session helps you understand how your responses to outside events can affect your thoughts and feelings. You will learn how the vicious cycle works.
- Doing things that make you feel better – this session helps you break out of the cycle of low activity and sets out a simple plan for getting back in action.
- Looking at things differently – this session will teach you how to stop unhelpful thinking from taking control of your life. You will learn how to swap bad thoughts for good ones.
- Building your inner confidence – you will learn secrets and get to like yourself again, with practical suggestions about how to build your self-esteem.
- How to fix almost everything – this session introduces the easy 4-step plan – a straightforward way to fix your problems and achieve your goals that have worked for thousands of people.
- The things you do that help and the things you do that don’t – this session helps you get back in control of excessive spending, drinking, binge-watching … anything.
- 1, 2, 3 breathe! – this session teaches you a breathing technique – everything you need to control your temper and improve your happiness and relationships.
- 10 things you can do to feel happier right now – the last session sums everything up and then shows you how to be happier, fitter, and able to see the positive side of life every day.
Dates: 8-week interactive and educational sessions, starting Thursday, September 14, 7-8:30 pm (Sep 14, 21, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov 2)
Pre-registration is required, email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and more information.